Getting married is a big step and can be rather stressful for all those involved. St Lucia is a great place to get married and stay for your honeymoon. Here at Akasha, we can help you make the arrangements along with local planners and photographers when you book your vacation in paradise.
Enjoy the sprawling beaches, Caribbean sunshine, blue green waters and fabulous resorts. Relax; St Lucia has created a formula for creating a magical experience without the intense planning that usually goes into such an incredible event.
Starting with the laws, St Lucia has made it quite easy to facilitate marriage ceremonies. In fact, wedding planners can handle all the details once they’ve received the proper documents. You won’t need to worry about contacting a local attorney or filing papers.
We can look after the flower arrangements, button holes and bouquets to steel bands, wedding cakes and catering your desires can be fulfilled.
The options are endless. Beach weddings, Botanical Garden weddings, horse and carriage rides, sunsets, whatever you want can be arranged relatively easily, on your part. Even photography and videography can be procured to document your perfect Caribbean wedding.
You will need some documents to make the process go smoothly;
• Passports (valid for a minimum of six months)
• Birth certificates
• Deed poll certificate (if your name has been changed)
• Parental consent by way of an affi davit if below age 18.
• Death certificate and previous marriage certificate (if you’ve been widowed)
• Decree absolute (if you’re divorced)
• Originals or certified documents only
• All legal documents should be faxed to us or the wedding planner to begin the legal process. Documents in a foreign language require authorized English translation.
St. Lucia has a NO RESIDENCY POLICY and visitors arriving to the island for a day can be married within hours.
Some of the local costs involved in getting married include license fees which are as follows:
• $335 if staying on island for 3 days or more.
• $540 for a SPECIAL LICENSE if staying on island less than 24 hours. Application to be married in St. Lucia must be made by a local solicitor to the Attorney General or notary who prepares and signs the license.
Fees you will need to pay
• Notorial Fees and Marriage License: $335EC
• Special Marriage License: $540EC
• Registrar Fee: $100EC
• Marriage Certificate: $8EC
A Few Tips to improve your special day;
• Independent photographers on the island are good – use them, we have a really good one – just look the photos of the villa!
• Sunset weddings can be tricky. Since St Lucia is so near the equator twilight is very short. This could ruin some perfect shots. Instead consider an earlier ceremony with photography scheduled during the sunset.
• Seashore ceremonies are romantic. They can also be hot, sweaty affairs depending on the time of day and the season. Consider photography on the beach and a ceremony at a nearby gazebo or other location.
We can make all this happen if you book the Caribbean’s Best Villa Rental. Bring along some close friends or family members and they can enjoy the villa with you. There’s plenty of space.
If you want to take more strain off your wedding let ask for the all inclusive options – Julietta can even handle the catering for parties of up to 20 guests. International and Creole dishes can be prepared for your feast. We can provide servers for the party so no one has to lift a finger – come and enjoy your wedding, champagne and honeymoon.
Caribbean Best Villa Rental making your wedding less stressful – what are you waiting for.