St Lucia’s most Luxurious Villa Rental, Akasha has just seen the line up for this year Jazz Festival and it is truly full of stars and quality – a little like the villa.
The line up over the week has international and local artists who will perform across the island including Pigeon Island where the main attractions will be. This is just down the road from the Akasha – Luxury Villa Rental a mere 6 minute drive away. Not only that you can actually see the stage from villa!!
St Lucia`s Jazz festival will attract even more visitors this year as the Barbados festival has been cancelled. This will be the 20th year St Lucia`s festival will be run – thats incredible.
The big hitters this year will include;
- John Legend who performed here before and we were lucky to see him then. He lived up to expectation and so its great to see him come back
- Mike Stern who has been nominated for a Grammy award nomination
- Angelique Kidjo previous Grammy award winner, great African artist, recorded and sung with Joss Stone and Peter Gabriel
- Ledis – not heard her music before but listening to her voice this could be a star waiting to happen
Other able and talented artists include;
- Chuck Brown
- Maceo Parker
- Yellow Jackets
- Taj Weeks
- Morgan Heritage
- Mervin Wilkinson
- Augustin “Jab” Duplessis – local artist, featuring Derede Williams
- Reginae Carter – Jazz violinist chill to this video
- Allison Marquis & Electric pan Jazz who have performed here before, see this recording St Lucia Jazz 2008
If you are coming to the festival then there is still time rent St Lucia`s most fabulous villa – there`s nothing like it on the island.