Akasha St Lucia’s Best Luxury Villa Rental – Doing Our Bit
In todays global village we are all aware and mindful of mans impact on nature all around us. At Akasha St. Lucia Villa Rentals we are no different. Bearing in mind that any human development has a negative impact on the environment, we were determined from day one of the project to minimise our carbon footprint and the damage to St. Lucia’s natural beauty.
Our approach included designing and building features to Akasha St Lucia Villa Rental that reduce energy usage. This includes;
- The use of Solar Water Heating
- Employing a building design tailored to reduce or eliminate the need for Air Conditioning
- Using low voltage dimmable lighting and LED lighting technology
- Installing energy saving appliances
- Choosing a central water chilled Air Conditioning system that is a market leader for low energy usage
- Installing ceiling fans which eliminate the need for Air Conditioning in most temperatures
- Using computer control for pool pumps and other pump systems to reduce the time they are active
- Installing insulation in the roof to conserve energy
- Using solar tinted windows to reduce heat ingress.
In addition to this we…
- Capture rain water from the roof, for use in grey water systems
- Direct rain water from the driveway to water the garden
- Have installed two septic tanks removing the need to install mains drain
A Greener Villa Rental
To replace the vegetation lost as the result of our development we have planted over 1000 local trees and plants to date.
Richard, our gardener, grows local vegetables without the use of pesticides. Akasha St Lucia Villa Rental is happy to share these organic vegetables with our guests free of charge!
We believe we are the only villa in St Lucia to make use of all these features to reduce our carbon footprint. If during your stay have any ideas of how Akasha St Lucia Villa Rental can further reduce its carbon footprint feel free to let us know.
To make a contribution to the planet we would ask you to conserve water, use towels for an extra day – they dry in the sun quickly, turn the AC down a few degrees or simply just use the ceiling and/or floor fans, and open the windows during the day to cool the property.