Why Saint Lucia? The Top 5 Reasons To Visit
You could visit one of several Caribbean Islands, so why Saint Lucia? In fact, there are at least seven hundred Caribbean islands, reefs, and cays, which break down into 30 territories like Saint Lucia. Someone else wrote about the twenty best Caribbean Islands, which can be subjective depending on the criteria used. So let’s stick with the facts about why you want to choose Saint Lucia.
- Anyone looking for a wedding destination should know that Saint Lucia is named THE Honeymoon Destination of the Caribbean.
- Saint Lucia is known for its Cacao production. You can take chocolate tours such as the bean-to-bar estate tour. You can also participate in chocolate spa treatments and visit cafes and bakeries with items from the local chocolate bean.
- The island is home to a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In addition, the Pitons, or Piton Mountains, Gros, and Petit, are protected landmarks. Hikers can enjoy 2.9 miles of trail to the highest point on the island.
- Snorkeling is top of the water-activity list. Snorkeling is available at Jalousie Beach or Anse Chastanet. You can also go on a boat tour to snorkel or scuba dive. Various fish, dolphins, and sharks visit the sea around the island. In addition, it is possible to see sea turtles and other marine life around the coral reefs.
- Mud baths at Sulphur Springs are an inland activity to enjoy. Plus, you can go to the drive-in volcano, enjoy the hot springs baths, and zip line through the rainforest.
Saint Lucia offers much more than the top five reasons to visit. It is a matter of choosing the activities you love and staying at a villa. Accommodation on the island runs from hotels and resorts to more private locations, such as private villas with infinity pools and personal chefs.